I am a CS PhD student (2018-) focusing on NLP at Johns Hopkins advised by Kevin Duh.
This blog exists for selfish reasons. But if another human were to benefit, that would be quite fantastic!
If you are applying for PhD programmes and
- are surveying profiles, it might help to see CV or linkedin
- think you’re not quite ready yet, see Psychologist-to-PhD
If you are from DSO National Labs and just joined, you might like to read the following.
- see Onboarding Machine Learning.
- or Cross-disciplinary projects
- Your role in the org and some advice about the workplace
Some real life about:
My other cv outside the lab.
I was Singapore Women’s Chess Champion in 2005 and am unusually opiniated about whether people should play chess competitively. Easiest non-taboo topic to trigger me at a party.
Amateur drummer, always down to jam. Here’s a small contribution to the drumming world
PLEASE contact me, if you find an error at any point, so that others reading it will not be misled.